NURTURING Body AND Soul
SUPPORTING ACTIVE BALANCE IN BIRTH
Hi! I’m Réka.
With two decades of experience I am here to support you to find balance in a number of ways relevant to the childbearing period, or after.
At this unprecedented time of the pandemic, I offer prenatal classes (ONLINE only). You are very welcome to join, if you are expecting.
For other classes, please visit back later.
in Balance In Birth Yoga exercises
- for a strong but flexible, fully-breathing pregnant body,
- for pelvic floor elasticity and stability,
- for baby and womb ligament-positioning techniques.
Pregnancy Nidra + breathing sessions
- to create the most nourishing emotional and hormonal environment for your baby’s growth inside your body.
More about Pregnancy Yoga Classes with Réka
Pregnancy yoga keeps your body supple and comfortable during pregnancy, and prepares it for an active birth. Prenatal yoga classes are suitable for all pregnant women from 14 weeks pregnancy on. No need for any experience or flexibility.
Each class includes 90 minutes of yoga, breathing, relaxation block
and about 30-min Doula Question and Answer Time.
ON FRIDAYS FROM 9:00 (GMT) OR 10:00 (CET)
ONLINE + RECORDING AVAILABLE
FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS
One 120 min class
with doula Q and A time
1 live online class
the recording for the next 7 days
5 class pass
with doula Q and A time
5 live online classes
each recording for extra 7 days
Originally, I qualified as a Birthlight teacher in 2003, which defined my original approach. In the meantime of course lots has changed and developed, but I owe my introduction to this work to the wonderful Dr Francoise Freedman, the Founder and Director of Birthlight. She is a pioneer, Senior Yoga Teacher, acclaimed writer and lecturer of Social Anthropology at the University of Cambridge. To learn more about the Birthlight method, click here.
In our class we use:
- Hip rotations and flowing sequences of moves to avoid strain in held postures.
- Yoga breathing techniques to expand women’s breathing capacity in gentle and effective ways that carry through to labour and the postnatal period, promoting physical and emotional well-being.
- Rather than pelvic muscle tone, we promote elasticity and stability that are the best foundation for birth and postnatal recovery even when medical intervention is called for.
• • • • •
We aim to:
- Stimulate your physical fitness, posture and mobility during pregnancy.
- Improve your body awareness and help you feel what your needs are at this moment.
- Improve, physical and mental power and resilience, trust and intuition.
- Relax body and mind and help you make space for you and your baby in your body.
- Support the connection between you and your baby.
- Allow you to practice poses, movements and transitions which play an important role during birth, and keep you (and your pelvic area) stable but elastic during pregnancy.
- Offer a space for questions and exchange with other mums-to-be.
THE “EARTH SALUTE” FOR PREGGIE MUMS
CHECK OUT MY FAVOURITE PRENATAL YOGA SEQUENCE THAT I DESIGNED MANY YEARS AGO AND HAVE TAUGHT TO COUNTLESS OF PREGNANT MUMS.
IT IS CALLED THE EARTH SALUTE TO HONOUR THE STABILITY IT PROVIDES AND THE FORCE OF GRAVITATION THAT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST HELPERS DURING A MAMA’S LABOUR AND BIRTH.
I am a qualified doula, prenatal consultant, birth class educator, certified to teach yoga and ayurveda. I have been teaching for almost 20 years.
Ever since becoming a mother myself, I’ve been passionate about helping women find trust, balance and love in their bodies – especially during pregnancy, at birth and in the postnatal period. I’ve taught one of the most popular birth preparation classes in Hungary, and have attended births as a doula both at home and in hospitals. In the meantime, I’ve also taught womb-centred (well-woman) yoga and ayurveda practices for women of all ages.
In 2020 I moved to Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire with my British, piano teacher, composer and performer husband, and three (almost) adult children.
Some (but not all) of my qualifications
To see all my diplomas and certificates, click here.