Pregnancy yoga keeps your body supple and comfortable during pregnancy, and prepares it for an active birth. Prenatal yoga classes are suitable for all pregnant women from 14 weeks pregnancy on. No need for any experience or flexibility :-).
£15 per 2-hour long class,
£85 for a 6-class pass
(each class includes 90 minutes of yoga, breathing, relaxation block plus an extra 30-min Doula Question and Answer Time).
In our class we use:
- Hip rotations and flowing sequences of moves have been developed to avoid strain in held postures.
- Yoga breathing techniques have been selected and adapted to expand women’s breathing capacity in gentle and effective ways that carry through to labour and the postnatal period to promote physical and emotional well-being.
- Rather than pelvic muscle tone, Birthlight promotes elasticity and stability that are the best foundation for birth and postnatal recovery even when medical intervention is called for.
In our class we aim to:
- Stimulate your physical fitness, posture and mobility during pregnancy.
- Improve your body awareness and help you feel what your needs are at this moment.
- Improve, physical and mental power and resilience, trust and intuition.
- Relax body and mind and help you make space for you and your baby in your body.
- Support the connection between you and your baby.
- Allow you to practice poses, movements and transitions which play an important role during birth, and keep you (and your pelvic area) stable but elastic during pregnancy.
- Offer a space for questions and exchange with other mums-to-be.
To learn more about the Birthlight method, click here.